- CJ5, CJ7, Cherokee where the only models to have golden hawk package.
- 1980 was the only year the Golden Hawk package was produced.
- The Golden hawk has been spotted in Italy, Norway, And through out the USA.
- A Golden Hawk's VIN reads as it is a Golden Eagle.
- A am/fm/CB radio was offered in the jeep truck, and the factory service manual has instructions for removal of a cb antenna from a CJ. I have yet to find a cb in a CJ or the proper location to place the antenna.
- Jeep built a custom Golden Hawk CJ5 for a nascar racer, which was listed on Ebay during the '04 year. I did not have the photo or listing, but recently found it. Look thru my pages to find it. The jeep had a winch, the high back levi seat's, soft top, and very low mileage. The listing read that the seller was the 3rd owner. The nascar driver sold it, who in turn sold it to a neighbor.
- I have also been told AMC kept no production numbers. I have never been able to find any, but if you have them pass it on and I will post.
I also have one complete set of factory paint codes and chips, I have a copy of the chips in the gallery. Email me and I may be able to help if you cannot get the paint code number listed reproduced anywhere.
I have a copy of the factory service manual for this model year and can help answer any questions you may have...
There are a few books published today which mention the Golden Hawk. Below are a list of the ISBN numbers for reference.
Jeep Illistratged buyers guide
isbn# 07603 02995
I have also collected a bit of info about the cherokee, truck, and wagoneer for the 1980 year. Drop me a line if interested and I can either post it or pass it on.
Jeep is a registered trademark of the Daimler/Chrysler corp.
This website and all its contents are the property of Joshua Parker; © 2005-2012 by Joshua Parker. All rights reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable laws.